Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter


          It's hard to believe another year has passed - it doesn't seem all that long ago that I was planning to post for last year's Good Friday... *Quiet hum* A lot can change in a year, but oh what an assuring thing to know that God's love and what He did for us will never change.

         I'm going to do the same sort of post I did last year - a post of songs set to scenes from The Passion.

      "Today I've chosen three videos I want to share because of the impression they make on me with both their words and music. They remind me of what Jesus did for me in a very real and vivid way, and I hope they do the same for you.

      Warning... They are set to scenes from The Passion... that movie is not something to watch lightly, in my opinion. I've seen it once and I'm not sure when I'll see it again... it sickens me... as it should. The "tame" pictures of Jesus we sometimes see with a little blood trickling from His hands and feet and with the crown of thorns perched on His head - that's not the right mental image we should have when we think of His death. It was brutal. It was bloody. It should make us cringe to think about. . .  God - perfect, all powerful, sinless, just and holy - becoming a slaughtered lamb for you and me. . . Because He loves us.

    There is something I'd like to point out (at least briefly) that The Passion's portrayal of Jesus' death lacks. Jesus' physical death was not the only wrath He endured on our behalf. On the cross Jesus was separated from God the Father. I don't think we consider that aspect of it as often as we should. It isn't something we can fully wrap our minds around - what it means that Godforsook His Son. . . Jesus, who was and is one with God, who had always been with God, who had come to earth in obedience to His Father, was dying in torment and God left Him. In the deepest darkness that we may face as Christians, we have the assurance that God will never leave us... Jesus paid the price so we would never know that kind of suffering." 

     



The earth was shaking in the dark
All creation felt the Father's broken heart
Tears were filling heaven's eyes
The day that true love died, the day that true love died


When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day that true love died, the day that true love died

Search your hearts, you know you can't deny it
Lose your life just so you can find it
The Father gave His only Son just to save us

-True Love



Hero - Abandon

He spoke with clarity, walked across the sea
A single word would calm the storm
His touch could heal the sick, but He was called a hypocrite
Laid behind the stone, his death was shortly mourned

He left the curtain torn

There He goes, a hero, a savior to the world
Here He stands with scars in His hands
With love He gave His life so we could be free
The savior of the world


He chose to take the cross, shed tears for the lost
The broken and the needy, forgiving those who were and will be
The angel made it clear, he told them, "Have no fear
He's not here, He's not here"

-Hero



How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

-How Deep The Father's Love For Us



His love... was so deep... "Why should I gain from His reward? I can not give an answer. But this I know with all my heart - His wounds have paid my ransom."

Do you know that? 
Do you believe that?
 Do you believe that our God is strong enough to save, with a love that covers our deepest sin?

For many of us, Easter is a busy day with friends and family, but I challenge you today to take some time to really consider what Christ did for us, and what that means to you personally.

God bless,

~Ophelia - Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Smiles* Comments, anyone? :) I don't like, bite or anything. . .