Sunday, November 6, 2016

I Will Not Choose A Poison


 



   I've not spoken much about this election anywhere. I suppose most people are as sick of hearing about Trump and Hillary as I am... But here I am anyways, to give my two cents that maybe a handful of people will view. Oh well. ;)


    I know why a lot of Christians will vote for Trump on Tuesday.

    Because of the  "potential Supreme Court Justice appointments".
    Because people are  "afraid of what having Hillary as a president will do to our religious freedoms".
     Because we should vote for "policies, not the man".
     Because "at least Pence is a good vice president".

    People I love and highly respect will go to the polls and vote for Trump. Close friends. Family members. I don't agree with them - but I believe they are doing what they think is right.

   My opinion?

    I believe that either candidate coming into office will be a judgement from God on our nation.

    As a nation, we have tried to push God away. We have taken Him from schools, from monuments, and worse - from our day to day lives. We have celebrated and delighted in sin with parades and pride. We have killed our own children before they ever take a breath. So many things that were once against the law are now accepted as good.

  How far have we fallen that childish, mean-spirited, judgemental, angry people are lifted up into places of potential leadership?


      .... I don't believe God ever asks us to choose evil.  Both candidates are in rebellion against God.  They slander their neighbor. They have pasts they are NOT repentant of. They are not fit to rule us...


   I will not choose which judgement I'd rather... I'll let God sway hearts and I will pray for mercy for our nation... But I believe either candidate is God's judgement....so why would I choose one?




    Let me tell you something.... When you state reasons why you choose Trump, all I hear is: "I will choose this blatantly rebellious person over this other blatantly rebellious person because I believe they will do more to protect God's kingdom than the other candidate."

    Now let me ask you this: Since when am I supposed to judge which wickedness better serves God's purposes?

    In my conscience, I can not say, "I will choose this evil, and pray to God it was the right choice."

    Choosing the "lesser of two evils" is still choosing evil.

    If the nation chooses a poison, at least I can say I didn't open my mouth to either.


~Ophelia - Marie

**I will vote for Darrell Castle, because at least at the end of the day, I can say I voted for someone who is seeking God. I don't expect him to win - but I won't choose a willfully rebellious person to govern our nation either.






2 comments:

  1. YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is super. It says everything I haven't had time or will-power to say. Thank you! Looking forward to sharing it around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Smiles* Thank you, Perry. It's something I've been thinking about on and off as I've discussed this election with people. :)

      God bless,

      ZA

      Delete

*Smiles* Comments, anyone? :) I don't like, bite or anything. . .