Sunday, December 1, 2013

Always - Shared Post





           Theodora Ashcraft is a young writer and a dear friend of mine. She has published a book of short stories and poetry, "Of Whispers And Wanderings " and next week I will be sharing how you can enter a drawing for a signed copy of her book, as well as a few others.  (USA participants only, sorry. ) 

    I'd like to share with you today a short story Theodora wrote back in September. It was partly inspired by a poem I wrote,  Still Will He Hold, and really captures the reminder that God loves us, even when we fail.


       The rain falls in the dusk, a whispering cascade of droplets cold against my face.

      I huddle in the corner; against a boulder. Tears stream down my face, and I tremble.

      I can hear Him approaching. My heart pounds in my head. I’m all too aware that He knows where I am; He always does. But I hold onto the vain hope that perhaps He doesn’t this time.


                                                   Click to continue reading...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

*Smiles* Comments, anyone? :) I don't like, bite or anything. . .